Wednesday, December 23, 2015

The Trees Dance Again

I am late this week posting, having missed Mosaic Monday. I spent the entire day cooking to get ready for our Christmas Eve celebration. It is also Jennifer's birthday, so we celebrate two birthdays. The kids will arrive mid-day so that we can open packages around 2:00 and then eat by 5. Heather and her family travel nearly two hours from Denver and Jen's family has a 45 minute drive, so we want to finish up the festivities early enough for them to travel safely home.

I will be roasting a prime rib roast and making potatoes Au gratin in the crock pot, something which I haven't done before. We will hope that the potatoes turn out well.


We had snow the first part of the week, a lot of snow, as the photo shows.  Even green snow. I could not resist taking this photo of the green picnic table reflecting green on the snow. Rather pretty, it was.

Then we have the return of the dancing Christmas's trees. I have not mastered taking crisp, well focused night photos of the lighted trees at night, but I rather like the effect.


These trees are located at the front of the property along the fence next to the road. They are rather ratty pine trees in need of pruning. Pop uses them as scratching posts, mostly for his rump end.


All lighted, they brighten up a dark spot in the pasture. I'd like to have them on year round.


Behind the trees you can see the house with the giant wreath on the roof above the garage.


Do you recognize the new angel in the center circle? No. I didn't think so.


I would love to put up thousands of lights, but it is a lot of work. 


There she is, a bit fuzzy. I have wanted to get out and take more photos of her in the night light, but just haven't done it.


I made another house this week, too, for my housekeeper. She had admired the ones in the kitchen, so it was very easy to put one together for her. She loved it.


I cut the house out on my Cricut then added all of the embellishments from my scrap booking and crafting stash. 


I cut a hole in the center of the yard underneath the house for a little flickering battery candle to fit. It makes a very cute little center piece.

Well, this time tomorrow night, Christmas for us will be all but over. I will probably collapse the next day. We have friends coming for New Year's, so it will be another round of cooking and cleaning to get ready for company. Then I can collapse.

I'll have more photos to share of the holiday celebrations here at the Garden Spot. Until then, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays. We shall pray for peace, remember our loved ones whom we miss dearly, give praise to the Lord, and be thankful for our blessings and good fortune.

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Enjoy your holiday celebrations.

6 comments:

  1. The lights are gorgeous! I'm sure anyone that drives by slows down to see them! Love the cute little house you made too. Merry Christmas sweet friend. Hope you enjoy every minute of the next few days! Holiday hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy your celebrations Ann with all your family around you. Have fun. A great big Merry Christmas from me to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your celebrations will turn out great Ann, the food sounds delicious and all those colourful lights are just gorgeous. Well, after the party it's good resting I think, I also almost collapsed after our gardenclub party last week.
    Wish you and your family a very Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all sounds and looks so Christmassy.
    Hope you have a lovely family time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dancing Christmas trees are so much fun! Hope your Christmas was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to have the sparkle of lights year round too, everything looks so bland once they're gone. I string a set of icicle lights across the big window in the kitchen facing the backyard and I'm determined to look for something in spring colours to put up afterwards.
    Let us know how the potatoes turned out in the crockpot, I love using mine for different things.

    ReplyDelete

Back in the Swing of Things

 Well, hello friends. My only post for the year was in March when I declared, "I'm Back." I really didn't go any place; I ...