Monday, April 17, 2017

Tulips, Asparagus, and Eggs


This has got to be my favorite time of year. The Garden Spot looks so lovely with wearing its spring colors. Crab apple trees are lush with bloom this year and the bulbs are so fresh and springy. I do wish that they would last longer--like all summer.



In the vegetable garden, the peas and onions have sprouted. I should have retaken my photos to show how big they are now. Next week.

These rows are the potatoes, but it looks like more weeds are sprouting than potatoes.


The asparagus plants are beginning to actually produce enough spears for a meal. This clump I think is now four years old. I had to take a photo of the eggs that I was boiling for deviled eggs. Who needs the Easter Bunny to deliver colored eggs when we have Easter Hens? I boiled these the old fashioned way to devil the eggs, but if you watch the TV show mid-day The Chew they showed a great way of making deviled eggs:

  • Separate the yokes and white of a dozen eggs (or the amount that you want)
  • add a bit of water to the whites, beat them as though you will be making an egg white omelet. Place in a 9x9 baking dish and bake. (Can't remember the time or the temperature). The whites will bake into a very nice, perfect square
  • While the egg whites back, whip up the yokes and cook them as you would scrambled eggs, without seasoning
  • Once the yokes are cooked, place them in the blender or food processor with mayo, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper and blend until smooth and creamy.
  • cut the whites into one inch squares and pipe the yoke onto the top of the white. Garnish with paprika.
I was so impressed with the way to make deviled eggs. No peeling eggs that don't want to turn loose of their shell. I'll let you know how it works.





A parting shot of the drive way. Soon the tulips will fade and the blooms on the trees will fall, I will enjoy the color and the green grass as long as I can before the heat of the summer takes over.

So glad that you dropped by. 

If you like, visit Ann's Dollhouse Dreams to see my latest project for Nathan.


7 comments:

  1. Hi Ann, your tulips are so bright and cheery and make your driveway look so welcoming. Great tip for nouveau deviled eggs, I might give that a try next time we have family visiting (too much faff for just the two of us!)
    Have a great week.
    Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Ann! The blossoming trees and tulips are beautiful. I love spring time too. The asparagus looks yummy and I love deviled eggs. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blossoms are so welcome at this time of year. How lovely your tulips are. The egg recipe sounds interesting. I do love deviled eggs, and don't mind the peeling too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's brilliant! I'd like to try it (the easy deviled eggs!) Did it work?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it does look lovely there! Spring is wonderful and I was disappointed to read that it is the shortest of the seasons in Finland. :)
    The eggs look really pretty and the recipe looks very interesting. The Garden Spot is most definitely not repetitive! I'm off to see what's going on in the Dollhouses in these days. I hope your cold will be over very soon!
    Have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tulips are beautiful. I did not have 1 deviled egg on Easter, drats! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you, spring has been AMAZING this year in my garden. It makes my eyes bug out, and I'm the one who made it. Don't you just love crabapples in bloom? All that delicious pink froth is delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Back in the Swing of Things

 Well, hello friends. My only post for the year was in March when I declared, "I'm Back." I really didn't go any place; I ...