Monday, November 5, 2018

Leaves

November begins the holiday season. The Christmas decorations begin to appear, it seems, far too soon. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in a holiday season that has become Open Season for shoppers that we forget to just enjoy the day, the moment.

Birthdays, for example, sometimes get lost in the specter of a holiday that happens on or just before the holiday. Take for example my birthday just five days before Christmas or my youngest daughter's birthday the day before Christmas or her daughter's birthday the day before Halloween. Today I honor my eldest granddaughter on her 12th birthday as we celebrated her birthday Saturday night. You have seen the posts on her blooming into a--a--tween, though her mind she is at least 18 all ready. She loves horses and rabbits and horses. Her sister added the large photo of her when I am guessing that she was 6, maybe, on our pony Pop. And now she has dreams of being a barrel racer, thus the the horse running for the barrels on her cake.

CBS Sunday Morning TV show did a story on a photographer who spends the falls photography the gorgeous fall colors of New England, one of my destination day dreams. I then took my camera out to take photos of our fall colors.

Mine are not nearly as spectacular as the New England landscape. As I wrote a few weeks ago, an early fall snow ruined our fall colors.



One leave clings to the hawthorn berries. We planted the tree hoping to attract cedar waxwings. No luck yet.


Clinging leaves to the peach tree.


The neighbor's cottonwood leaves find their way to the koi pond.


Really. We do have two koi and 75+ goldfish that swim amongst the ash tree leaves.


My sleeping cherub napping in the dried leaves. Do you see the lady bug?


The coral bell hangs on. . .


. . . as does her sister.


Our Brody Boy is growing. He is the first pet that I have been to get a good head shot of. He was fascinated by the camera's light to prevent red-eye. He's 7 months old now. 

A big thank you to those who have hosted Mosaic Monday and now a thank you to Angie who has taken over the reins. I will invite you to join us at Ten Toes in the Water for Mosaic Monday, but then I think most of you have beaten me over there. I had intended to have my post done early this morning, but that didn't happen then this afternoon  Little Lily spent the afternoon. 

7 comments:

  1. Ann - thank you so much for the shout out. I am so honored and humbled by the participation in the first week as a hostess.

    I always tell my kids (now 23 and 20) not to grow up too fast. Hard for a teenager and a 20-something to hear.

    We can learn that lesson for ourselves in terms of the holidays - to truly enjoy the intent and not all the crush/pressure/hype. I know you're with me! I hope you have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, I found the ladybug... and I fall in love to Brody! He is lovely. By the way: I agree with Angie - WE CAN LEARN...

    Happy MosaicMonday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could see the Ladybird (as we call them). What a brave little insect!
    Some beautiful photos of leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, lovely series of fall images. Happy Birthday to your daughter. Brody is a handsome pup! I am not much of a shopper, even for Christmas. Gift exchanging has dwindled down in my family. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day and the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, your dog is lovely! Great photos, too! Good job, Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely images of fall. Yes, the leaves will soon be gone from the trees here, too. Although Christmas is my favourite season to decorate for, I don't do anything until the first Sunday of Advent when the nativity scene goes up, and maybe a wreath on the door. I think it's important to let the holidays and seasons unfold slowly as they come and not rush them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing such lovely photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Back in the Swing of Things

 Well, hello friends. My only post for the year was in March when I declared, "I'm Back." I really didn't go any place; I ...