Monday, April 9, 2018

Just a little Patience

Spring is having a hard time taking a foothold here in northern Colorado. She has been so slow to emerge or maybe I am just being inpatient. It seems colder and dryer than in years past or maybe I am just impatient.

The daffodils are blooming, but they have had to endure freezing cold and a light blanket of snow, but they are hardy and preserve, looking gorgeous and beautiful and make my heart sing.

The Easter Bunny found his way--I marked the trail so that he could leave plenty of eggs for the grandkids to find

The sprinkler system had its trial run this morning, but not without a lot of drama. The Head Gardener went to turn on the pumps for the two wells that supply the irrigation water last week only to find that the electrical meter had been tagged and disconnected last fall without any notice to him as the HOA president or any of the other five land owners in our little community. The meter has been replaced and the pumps are working fine. Everyone is ready irrigate.


The winter birds are still hanging around. The little downy woodpecker enjoys the suet and we had  new visitors who stopped for only a day or so to rest, I guess, a pair of crossbills.  We have fewer cotton tails because either the hawks or the great horned owls or the fox family that has returned are all working together to control the bunny population.

So that is Spring here at the Garden Spot. 

Spring this year has brought our share of sadness, too. A special cousin only twenty-nine passed. A few weeks later an elderly aunt found her way home and the next day her son who had been her care-giver joined her. And our neighbor died suddenly last week, too. We will have to look after her husband. He will need some extra attention. 

Sundance has been released from stall rest. He was getting worse. You know how your feet feet swell when you don't get up and move around, well, the same with horses. He was having signs of edema in his belly, his shoulders, and his neck, so the vet said to let him out of the stall so that he could walk around a little more and he seems to be doing better, but he still limps. 

Here's wishing you a great week full of daffodils. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

Linking with Maggie at Life in Normandy. Be sure to join us there.



10 comments:

  1. So sad to hear about the absence of the people around us. Let their soul rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ann, happy to see you blogging but so sorry for your losses. I send loads of good wishes for the horse(s) and hope it can be helped. Hopefully you find a lot of happiness in your spring garden. I'd like to post some pictures but am just too short of time and all hands on running two houses. Sending loads of good wishes, xxx Anke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, pretty spring images. I would love to see Crossbills at my feeders, lucky you! Sorry for your losses, prayers for all. I hope Sundance feel better. Enjoy your day and week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely to see that spring has arrived in your neck of the woods, glad to hear that Sundance is able to get out and stretch his legs too.
    You have had more than your fair share of sadness lately, your neighbour will be grateful for your company now that he is alone, I'm sure.
    Take care,
    Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann, I am so sorry for you loss. Spring will for sure arrive. I am loving the long days at least we have that. Have a great week. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely to see the beginnings of Spring, at last.
    So sorry for the sadness you must feel at the passing of family or friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 29 is so young ... I am impressed with what appears to be such a positive attitude from you despite that loss and the others you have experienced recently. As you say, wishing you daffodils, and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the daffodil wishes and memories ...my favorite flower in our previous life...now that we spend winter and spring in Florida I never see them. I’m sorry for all your losses...even one is hard; you had way too many at once.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sending spring wishes your way Ann, I remember how those Colorado seasons take a little coaxing to emerge 😁
    So sorry to read of your family members passing, always a sad time, we have endured our own sadnesses of late also.
    Looking forward to seeing your flowers in bloom !
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Ann, I too am very sorry for your losses.
    Also here the health conditions of the previous generation have had an effect on our lives - and my blogging. However, after a short period of instagramming and experiencing several disappointments, I now feel again very motivated to blog. It's here where my friends are. :)
    Wishing good health to humans and animals, I hope you can enjoy spring and its beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Back in the Swing of Things

 Well, hello friends. My only post for the year was in March when I declared, "I'm Back." I really didn't go any place; I ...