Thursday, December 19, 2013

Photo Shoot

So I walk out to the barn with two Christmas wreaths in hand. "Okay boys," I say, "we are going to take pictures for the Christmas card. Sundance throws his usual attitude about something new in the corral as he dances and prances around, snorting and throwing his head. I try to show him that is it just Christmas wreaths for the stall doors. He wants not of that decorating stuff. He's the kind of guy who just want his oats, no nonsense, no huggy, kissy aren't we a good horse this morning stuff, no 'tis the season to be jolly. Just feed me, now, please.


He has to be bribed and coaxed into his stall because there's is something odd about the door. He nibbles at the bit of grain used to coax him in, thinking he has won this round.


The arched neck says it all. He is getting anxious at being confined.  Sundance does not like to be penned up. Something about being a real horse, free and wild. I just wanna be me. 


Pop's reaction to the photo shoot is more subtle.


Photo shoot done. Good thing it was only head shots this morning. Some one didn't clean up for the event.


Ah. To be free and wild and run with the wind and get some breakfast. Humans!


I hope everyone is having fun and enjoying the season.

Have a great week-end.

9 comments:

  1. I love this post, Ann!! Horses are SUCH beautiful creatures; we had two when I was in high school and college. Sundance is beautiful, but Pops looks a bit more manageable. :) Your Christmas card turned out perfect!

    Thanks for sharing and enjoy your day.

    Hugs,

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sure would make beautiful Christmas cards! Enjoy your day my friend...stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos Ann - at least you managed to get two great shots - love the shot of them both running off - oh to be a horse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ann,

    Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to see horses galoping in the paddock. On the last two pictures it is as if they are really posing with the Christmas wreath, which makes a beautiful Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your horse reminds me of Boo our cat...nothing is allowed to differ, and no petting, thank you very much!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute post. I love your Christmas card, wishing you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas and an awesome New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable, they are so photogenic. Must be the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated Merry Christmas! I don't like being penned up, either. If Sundance could talk, it would be interesting to hear what he'd have to say about the wreaths. :o) Cute cards.

    ReplyDelete

Back in the Swing of Things

 Well, hello friends. My only post for the year was in March when I declared, "I'm Back." I really didn't go any place; I ...