Monday, May 25, 2015

More of the Same: Watching and Waiting

I am beginning to sound like a broken record: No sun this morning. More rain on the way. We have plants waiting in wings to be planted and the garden will be late. Worse off are our farmer friends out east who have not yet been able to plant their 100 day corn. They are running out of time for the corn crop. Yet with all the rain, the country is as green as the Irish countryside. Trees are still budding out, slowed down by the cold temperatures and I think the May flowers are behind schedule too. 

Today's post will be short as we have over night company coming. So I will leave you to enjoy Monday's Mosaics. Be sure to join Judith at Lavender cottage for more.

First mosaic: A twist on the classic pretty little girl picking dandilions: our little Lily waiting for her turn to ride Pop.




And finally, the wait is over. The iris have begun to bloom.



A quick shot with the iPad. A  quick post from the iPad. I will be back later in the week when life has slowed down a bit.

On this Memorial Day take a moment to say a prayer for our men and women in uniform and for those who gave their lives to uphold freedom.  Actually, I know that you don't need reminding. Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by. 



15 comments:

  1. Cute photo of your little one waiting for her pony ride. Your iris is lovely. Have a good Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so adorable...and that helmet looks so big on her tiny head...too cute.

    Hope that you get some much needed sunshine, and soon.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos - love the dandelions and cutie pie. I'm glad you've got a few things growing and blooming now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful mosaic and lovely little Lily looks so cute on Pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lily is so tiny riding Pop, a sweet keepsake for when she's older. Enjoy your irises as they open and your company.
    Have a happy Memorial Day Ann, thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful that the irises are blooming...fabulous mosaics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love old fashioned flowers like this iris! I hope you've had a wonderful holiday weekend. Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures, Ann!! Lily is precious and your Iris is so pretty! I'll be back in a few days to visit more; we're at the beach and my visiting is very limited at the moment. :) Take care and I hope you get fair weather soon, my friend.

    Hugs,

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do hope you dry out enough to get some gardening done. I'd be going nuts, too, if I couldn't get out and dig. Hang in there. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have family in Boulder County... So I've heard that the State is a little wetter and gray er than usual. Your Iris is beautiful... I really love this flower and it is one of the many I never see here in Florida. That collage with your granddaughter is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your weather is starting to sound like Ireland with all that rain. We've had quite a chilly May and we've had more rain than any other month this year so far. Hoping June will be a bit brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have seen the bad flooding in the USA on our news. Hope it stops for you very soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well I hope your spring weather has improved by now! When we have a rainy spring, I keep telling myself how much I'll appreciate all that rain later in the summer. But it's hard when you can't your things planted. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your adorable Lily does look tiny riding Pop! Pretty horse. Love the beautiful iris. Enjoy your Monday and the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ann! I'm finally wearing shorts! Yay! Planting seeds today.
    It looks like you are having fun with people you care about! Yay for that!
    Take it easy! Don't work too hard in the garden!

    ReplyDelete

Back in the Swing of Things

 Well, hello friends. My only post for the year was in March when I declared, "I'm Back." I really didn't go any place; I ...