Monday, May 4, 2015

This Week's Blooms

Caution: Before you begin, let me warn you that something has gone wrong with Blogger. What you see this morning is not what Blogger displays in the work window. I had uploaded all these photos, but Blogger would not cooperate, so I thought I had deleted all the but the mosaic and couple of other photos. After I published the post and viewed it, all of those deleted photos showed up in the post that do not appear in the work window. Go figure. I don't have time to spend all day trying to fix it, so please forgive me. I'll try to get it cleaned up later in the day or the week. (GRRRRR).



This Week's Blooms

I should be outside working in the garden this morning. Instead I am trying get the blog post going. Besides it is cold, threatening rain. Actually perfect weather to work up a sweat. This post will be short mostly because Blogger is not cooperating or the Internet is just plain slow or the The Cloud is over worked or . . . . Who knows.


There are new blooms this week to share: the dwarf irises in the front courtyard that seemed to appear all at once. One day they were silent, the next day they were screaming, "Hey we're here. Look down silly or you'll miss us." So not only did I look, but I took their picture. Happy now, guys? You made the blog for the second year in a row. 

Another bloomer new to the center circle garden, a bleeding heart that I planted last year. Not pink like the one in the back garden, but a deep coral color. Small this first year, she will grow and bring a splash of spring color.

I can never remember the name of the little white flowering ground cover. It will come to me later and you will recognize it. My dad planted it and I transplanted some to the Old House and then moved it here, but it didn't make it, so I have started all over. I am going to add more to fill in around the hostas that also survived the winter. 

I am waiting now on the peonies and bearded iris. 


When I posted last week the Head Gardener had just started to dig up the sprinkler lines. To give some perspective, the barn is 90 feet long, so he dug all the way along the barn and the along the drive way. I'll post more about his project once my technology straightens up.


I am headed over to Lavender Cottage to post for Mosaic Monday, so since this is such skimpy post, you might want to pop over there for more reading and blog hopping. Or you could check out Ann's Dollhouse Dreams for last week's post. Or maybe you could go out and work in your garden and save your reading for after dark.

At any rate have a great week. I'll see you again later in the week to catch up. 

Thanks for stopping by.






























17 comments:

  1. Your irises are gorgeous. This is such a wonderful time of year in the garden as we await bloom after bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann, I can totally sympathize with your Blogger woes...but just remember that it does occasionally have issues...lol. It seems to have resized your posts and shoved your bloglist right into the post. Silly thing isn't it? Maybe it's not happy about Monday mornings either. But I'm sure it will all get figured out later on, it always does.

    My little iris are blooming too...I'm so thrilled to see them. And the white flower you referred to, was that sweet woodruff? That should be on my list...

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann, I can totally sympathize with your Blogger woes...but just remember that it does occasionally have issues...lol. It seems to have resized your posts and shoved your bloglist right into the post. Silly thing isn't it? Maybe it's not happy about Monday mornings either. But I'm sure it will all get figured out later on, it always does.

    My little iris are blooming too...I'm so thrilled to see them. And the white flower you referred to, was that sweet woodruff? That should be on my list...

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann! I have to tell you that today I looked in my "comments awaiting moderation" and there were so many comments from you that I did not receive notification of through my email. I don't think to look on my actual dashboard so I am SO SORRY that if you went back to see if your comment was published, you probably didn't see it on my blog. I fixed it on all the past posts today, but I am sad that I didn't read all those nice comments before. Argh! I guess we've been blogging so long that we don't know how certain things work? Anyway, thank you for all the sweet comments that I just read TODAY!
    My mom is coming for a 9 day visit and I'm so excited! I'm trying to get a bit organized around here, but of course I keep getting sidetracked! Ha ha ha!
    You iris look lovely! Did I tell you that Bill and I dug all of ours up because they were so big?
    I keep thinking about our field trip last summer and trying to remember what ideas I had then.
    I still want to get together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you work in Compose or HTML?
    I had something similar happen. I accidentally copied my draft into Blogger twice (in HTML) and had the whole post repeated. Only saw it once in Compose. The second copy lurked in HTML.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pretty blue irises! And it was nice to see your photos full size. Enjoy your afternoon sweet friend. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love those irises...and yes you have so much going on....very warm here and hard to garden...but lots of work still to do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blogger with attitude? LOL
    Is the ground cover sweet woodruff, kind of looks like it in your photo - I have it along the back slope and love the fragrance when in bloom.
    A nice clump of iris that deserves centre stage once a year.
    Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday Ann, Happy Gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ann! Thanks for visiting and for your kind words! I have also noticed that blogger was acting a bit strange today....seems to be happening a lot anymore. It looks like you busy with some spring planting! I love playing in the dirt :) Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just chalk it up to we get what we pay for on a free site! I don't expect perfect and hope nobody else does, either!
    In any case, your flowers are so gorgeous! I'm sure the sprinklers will be worth all the trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Ann, those irises are gorgeous! You have so many lovely flowers already.
    Well, one thing is special here where I live! It came to my mind when you wrote about reading blog posts after dark. Now there isn't "after dark" here, there's light also during the night... like in Alaska. :D
    I'm sorry Blogger has been giving trouble... It does sometimes drive me almost mad.
    Have a lovely May!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I'm glad they all showed up. Those irises are dazzling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, I am sure the sprinklers will be great.. I just love the irises, they are beautiful. Lovely images.. Enjoy your day and the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photo of your Iris - I can't seem to grow them myself so I am very envious. One patch of my garden is filled with Sweet Woodruff and it is spreading beautifully not allowing any weeds to get a hold. Hope your blogger problems are sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have been busy at the garden spot Ann! Your irises look beautiful. Such a pretty colour. Mine are not in bloom yet. It must be a bit warmer in your part of the US.

    Wishing you a happy weekend and warmer temperatures!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ann, I love your photos/mosaics. We don't have irises here, so thanks for sharing yours. I had been following you but (as you say) blogger mysteriously dropped a few and also some comments are not showing up in my email. ??? I have now signed up to get your blog via email. I look forward to more photos of your lovely yard.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would LOVE to have a sprinkler system for my flower beds. Your irises are beautiful!! I want to thank you again for the lily bulbs, they are planted and I can't wait to have them popping out of the ground. You are so kind.

    ReplyDelete

Back in the Swing of Things

 Well, hello friends. My only post for the year was in March when I declared, "I'm Back." I really didn't go any place; I ...