Sunday, October 4, 2015

Salsa




Colorado Color along the Front Range slowly arrives. This is an odd shaped photo only because I took it out of window at an angle. But what a view early in the morning while the dew lingers, making the pasture damp.


Wednesday Jen I made salsa from our tomatoes. We began with 15 pounds of tomatoes thatI weighted out the night before so that we knew how many batches we would have. We used all of the tomatoes for 3 batches of mild, hot, and hotter. Batch one had no jalapeños, batch two had jalapeños that Jen purchased at Sprouts, and batch three had jalapeños that I purchased at the regular supermarket. Batch three was the hottest. Pretty tastily. We didn't make nearly enough because everyone loves the homemade salsa, I will take the last of the tomatoes over next this week to finish up this year's tomato crop, the best the Garden Spot has produced.


When the cooking was done, I was served tea by a very sweet little hostess. A great ending to a a great day.

Today we have very chilly weather. I put on the gas fireplace early this morning as I drank my morning coffee. I do love these cloudy, chilly fall days. We had rain last night and while the garden beds needed the moisture, our cut hay did not. Hay this year has been a total loss with both cuttings ruined by rain. The Head Gardener is pretty upset about the loss, but there is not much we can do about it.

I've linked up with Judith at Lavender Cottage for Mosaic Monday. Be sure pop over there to see the others. 

My days fly by now with a job. I have to say that I am enjoying the students immensely and I love seeing my friends, and making a difference. None the less, a job does cut into fun time, doesn't it? 

I hope you are well. Thanks for visiting. Have a wonderful week.





16 comments:

  1. I'm finally coming towards the end of our tomatoes now...all processed into soups and sauces and in the freezer. Soon the greenhouse will be empty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that view, so pretty. Our daughter who just got married is now living in your area, he just got a job there. Not sure how long they'll be staying there, but I hope to visit. Look at all that yummy sauce and tomatoes, sadly we did not have a good crop this year :( Your hostess looks like she's doing a great job serving tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Salsa project - I've never made any - but we don't eat a lot of it so a jar from the store does us just fine - usually lasts 6 months or so. How lucky to have tea poured by such a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, a job does cut into fun time, but there are those students. Trade-offs. Life is full of them. Your salsa looks great. Homemade is best. I'm still picking tomatoes, but they are for eating now, or roasting and making into soups. We had a good year, too. Love your little tea guest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never made salsa - might give it a try as I have a whole load of tomatoes to use up. Glad you enjoying being back at work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, I will take the pepper free salsa! Yes cold weekend here too but warming back up this week. Tea parties are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a special tea and oh I bet that salsa doesn't last. Now if I could get my hot peppers to grow I can make salsa....next year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd be heading for batch number one Ann, cannot take anything spicy! Now the hostess with the tea is a delightful and thoughtful young lady, how did she know Grandma would be ready for a cup of tea? :-)
    Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought you had started dancing classes Ann! :-) Such a good idea to make salsa of your tomatoes and joy to make it with your granddaughter.

    Wishing you a happy week!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the scenery of first photo and is not it fun to have tea with your granddaughter after work. The salsa looks so good, but I have never made it myself because we do not eat a lot of spicy food.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ann! What a darling tea set! I love the cute little hostess!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmm, that looks delicious! I didn't make any salsa this year, we had a terrible tomato year after having an overabundance of rain early in the summer, then drought for the rest of the summer. It's enough to make a gardener weep!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad that you are enjoying the job...how perfect to go back part time and just "be"...although it is a bit pesky that it takes most of your free time.

    Your salsa looks amazing!! I wish I could make some and be the happy eater of it too.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad that you are enjoying the job...how perfect to go back part time and just "be"...although it is a bit pesky that it takes most of your free time.

    Your salsa looks amazing!! I wish I could make some and be the happy eater of it too.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your new banner! And I had fun catching up a bit with you. I always made salsa at the end of summer when we had big gardens...so yummy! I could sit with salsa and a bag of chips and eat it out of a bowl! Loved seeing the elk and apsens in Fall colors. You are busy with work now and it really is hard to get the other things done when you work. And how neat to see the egg inside the egg. I'll show the pics to my hubby too. Have a good week and thanks for making me feel welcome. Big hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Ann, homemade salsa sounds wonderful!! That would be a big hit at our house, for sure. :-D I know exactly what you mean about having a job -- there are pros and cons to be considered. I'm glad you're enjoying being back at work. :)

    How 'bout those Broncos? They're having a great season, aren't they? Thanks so much for your visits, Ann, and I hope you have a wonderful week!!

    Blessings,

    Denise

    ReplyDelete

Back in the Swing of Things

 Well, hello friends. My only post for the year was in March when I declared, "I'm Back." I really didn't go any place; I ...