Monday, March 24, 2014

Supermarket Spring



Here in northern Colorado we are still wondering when Spring will come to full life. In walks around the yard I see signs. The daffodils and tulips are slowly pushing their way through the soil, seeking sunlight. I woke to cloud covered skies which finally produced a skiff of snow that melted quickly. The day remained cold. I have been cold for days.

So while we wait for Spring to complete her enterance, it is hard to resist the beautiful spring flowrers in the supermarket.


I really need to stay out of the thrift stores because I always find cool stuff, like this little pitcher. Smaller than the first one I bought, this one is perfect for a handful of daffodils. I can't wait to fill it with lilacs in May.

BY the way, how do you like the quality of this unedited iPhone photo? Not too shabby. 

I hope that you are having a good week. 

Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. I am always on the look out for small vases/jugs for flowers - yours is just right, as you say, for a few daffs. We have rain this morning - it is looking pretty grim out there, but at least its not snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find. I think the next time I go to the store I am going to buy me some flowers to put a little bit of spring in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never have known you used an iphone it did a good job! I love the shape of this picture it's very pretty with the daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack don't make me want to get another phone. The quality of your photo is beautiful. And so are the flowers...bring on spring.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Back in the Swing of Things

 Well, hello friends. My only post for the year was in March when I declared, "I'm Back." I really didn't go any place; I ...